Wednesday 10 December 2008

Balabusta

bal·a·bus·ta (bal∙eh∙bos'∙teh)
n.
Mistress of the house; hostess; friendly woman; excellent homemaker.

If my Grandmother were to read this post, she'd say "Oh you're such a balabusta." Two weekends ago was NBH's Aunt's 50th birthday party. The night before his mother some of the people in town over and we "catered" the event.

Here's the spread:





Starters:

Tomato & Basil Bruschetta




Pesto & Parmesan Bruschetta



Smoked Mackerel Pâté
on Sourdough toast



6 Layer Taco Dip





Main Course:

Vodka and Marscapone Fusilli
with Sunblushed Tomatoes and Grilled Seasoned Chicken



Dessert:

Triple Chocolate Cake
with Red Berries and Pomegranate Seeds



The two chefs:



10 comments:

Aviva Events said...

Hello, Mountain Man. What's with the beard -- a little Mose-Schrute-esque, no?

Melaina25 said...

I don't know who Mose Schrute is, but I do sometimes talk to Colin in an Amy Poehler voice when he looks like a "mountain man."

The beard is gone now, but was replaced for about a week with an interesting mustache. You'll see when I get around to posting Xmas tree pictures.

Sabrina said...

Yeah, the beard's a little much. But your hair looks awesome! And if you want to make any of that pasta when you're in DC... I won't stop you :)

Melaina25 said...

Dude I will cook whatever you want while I'm in DC. Gotta pay my way, right?

The hair was an experiment with hot rollers and I guess it was a success?

Anonymous said...

OMG lady! My clothes got tighter just LOOKING at that! Yuuum.

Aisling said...

That bruschetta and chocolate cake look amazing.!

Anonymous said...

everything looks yummy, esp the cake!

Carolina Peach said...

OMG! I am so hungry now!!Can I have the recipe for the pasta? Everything looks so tastey, but the pasta sounds divine.

Mary said...

I'm hungry looking at all that delicious food. The cake is most impressive! You look really cute too, BTW:)

Jessica said...

That's a great picture of you . . . and the food looks ridiculously yummy.