Tuesday 22 September 2009

26 weeks


The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. They may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. They are inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of their lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when they're born and take that first gulp of air. And they are continuing to put on baby fat. They now weigh about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

*How far along?: 26 weeks
*Total weight gain: Don't know.
*How big is baby?: A hot house cucumber? Is it me or are they really grasping at straws for vegetables?
Maternity clothes?: Yes and my lovely Mommy ordered me some more from the Old Navy sale :)
*Sleep?: I keep waking up around 5ish and then can't fall back asleep :(
*Best moment this week?: Accepting an offer on our flat and putting down a deposit on a house!
*Movement?: Yes, all day Saturday was nothing but movement.
*Food cravings?: NBH says "beans on toast" but I don't think so.
*Labor signs?: No
*Belly button in or out?: Innie
*What I miss: the dizzies are back right now, so I will say non-dizziness
*What I'm looking forward to: Getting everything finalized for buying the house
*Milestone: Baby's first taste of Mt. Dew (I found a can in downtown Glasgow!) and being in double digits: 98 days until my due date!

(I'm very impressed I have on a different outfit in each picture!)

No comments: