Sunday 18 October 2009

30 weeks



Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and they weigh almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds them, but that volume will decrease as they get bigger and take up more room in your uterus.

Their eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after they are born, they'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When they do open them, they'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means they can only make out objects a few inches from their face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

*How far along?: 30 weeks

*Total weight gain: Still Emma-ish I assume, but I think my face is starting to get rounder (who knew it was possible since I already have a moon face)

*How big is baby?: Cabbage

*Maternity clothes?: Yes; this question is getting a bit repetitive...

*Sleep?: Yes, but not well. A tylenol and Mt Dew did not help me over come the sleepiness I am feeling this morning, boo hiss.

*Best moment this week?: Getting a big box full of cute clothes for the baby from my Mom and a big box of pickles from my Dad!
*Movement?: Yup, I've been woken up by hiccups as well on more than one occasion.

*Food cravings?: Not really, but I will say NBH made me a BLT last night and it was delish.

*Labor signs?: No

*Belly button in or out?: Innie

*What I miss: Feeling awake.

*What I'm looking forward to: 3D/4D scan tomorrow!!

*Milestone: 10 weeks left...

No comments: