Thursday 11 March 2010

South Beach

If you take a peek on the right side of the blog you'll see my ever so exciting meal plan. It's not so much a meal plan, but a list of what I've eaten. You see I'm starting back on South Beach again. I know I found it really helpful to read what other people ate Phase 1, so I thought I'd do the same.

So it's no fruit, bread, grains, sugar, etc for me for the next two weeks. Phase 1 isn't the most fun and I admit it is restrictive, but it is only two weeks and after that I can add back in fruit and good carbs, so it's not that bad. I do get annoyed at the lack of sugar-free items in the UK (umm hello have you ever seen how much sugar is in yogurt?) and that there are no SB branded products, but what can ya do.

South Beach has worked for me before and really helped me stay motivated and exercise more, too. If you want to join in or have any questions, please leave a comment! I'm not an expert, but I do have a few tips and tricks I've learned along the way.

4 comments:

RP said...

HI there, I really enjoy reading your blog and have lurked for quite a while. I also read a blog, http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/ which details cooking according to SB ideals. I find a lot of delicious inspiration there. Good luck with the plan!
Roisin

Vegemite Wife said...

Since you introduced me to SB, I've kept my weight down - so it definitely works. I need to lose another 6 pounds in 6 weeks (before I go to Australia) so I'm totally with you!
Kalyn's Kitchen is great for ideas if you get stuck. I know it can be hard in this country to do SB - but hang in there!

Sarah said...

I'm excited to read about this! I'm always looking for new ways to keep extra weight off. Thanks for posting your meal plans on the side of your blog!

Lorry said...

Good luck! I don't think I'm going to try SB while pregnant ;) but I've done it before and it was so great! Love the idea of sharing your meal plans! :)