Wednesday 2 October 2013

What I Wore Wednesday: Meet Mummy's Got Style

I'd fully intended to jump back into What I Wore Wednesday with both nude pumps this week as everything I wore to a wedding was brand-spanking new but what I didn't intend was to come down with bronchitis. So the multi-talented Vicki has very kindly stepped up to the plate in my place this week! Vicki hosts #Fashionfriday over on her blog mummysgotstyle.com every Friday so please do link up your outfits or any of your Friday fashion finds over there too if you like!


Hi, it's a real honour to step into Transatlantic Blonde's high heel shoes this week, or perhaps that's woolly slippers right now as she battles bronchitis. Get well soon lady!

So, today I'm wrapping up in a my slightly warmer clothes as we go through the transitional phase of summer to autumn with sunny yet windy weather here in Yorkshire.

I do love Autumn/Winter style though and have loved lugging out my winter wardrobe from the spare room; big coats, my collection of hats, floral print scarves, knee high boots, brogues and *whispers Uggs!
dogtooth fedora monochrome hat
©Peter Broadbent.
So here I am wearing my new monochrome dogtooth print Marks and Spencer fedora (picked up in charity shop Oxfam in Harrogate (never been worn) for just £8-what a find). My faithful midi length black skirt is Topshop, black long vest, HM and pretty vintage style cardigan is by Darling, all puffed shoulders, pretty pearl buttons and crotchet embroidered collar. It might just be my prettiest cardigan for A/W and I plan to live in it!

heart print cardigan pearl buttons vintage
©Peter Broadbent.

Of course I've had to toughen it up a little with my leather style Topshop jacket and Clarks leather studded biker boots to give the look some edge. 60 denier tights are also Marks and Spencer.
black leather biker jacket
©Peter Broadbent.
Do you like the look? What are you excited to break out as the cooler weather comes?





Let's be friends! Find me here:

23 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I love your hat. I am studying hat posts this week and came across yours. Super cute!

Melaina25 said...

Oh hope you recover from the bronchitis soon!

Away From The Blue

Melaina25 said...

Love her hat!


-Priiincesss

Melaina25 said...

Looking fab as ever Vicki that cardigan is just so sweet! So sorry you're not well Blondie Girl get well soon x

Melaina25 said...

oh no get well soon lovely!! and hi Mummys Got Style, you look great, love the hat!!

Melaina25 said...

Fabulous style. I especially love the top half of the outfit, the hat is awesome!

Melaina25 said...

Lovely cardigan....& the leather jacket made it chic tough!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Love Vicki's style, the hat is my favorite!

Melaina25 said...

Feel better soon!


and I love that hat. So fab!

Melaina25 said...

Super cute fedora! Thanks for hosting the party!

Melaina25 said...

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well - get plenty of rest or at least as much as blonde boy will allow! Will check out Vicki's blog.

Melaina25 said...

Hope you get better soon! What a great take on menswear Vicki!


Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com

Melaina25 said...

I hope you feel better soon!! Well, of course I love her outfit! Especially when it's black...its my favorite color. :)

Melaina25 said...

I just love a good hat!

Melaina25 said...

Here is NZ we are transitioning too - to spring/summer. Maybe the piece I'm most sad to put away though is my knee high boots. I plan to keep wearing them until it's too hot to bear :) Love your look and how you mixed the style of pieces to make it edgy xo

Melaina25 said...

Get well soon, Melaina!
Vicki, I LOVE your cardigan! So cute. It's quite warm where I live, but I am excited to break out some of my coats and cardigans (even if I have to wait until winter).

Melaina25 said...

Feel better soon!

Melaina25 said...

Loving the style, and can't beat biker boots and leather jacket ;)

Melaina25 said...

Your pictures made me wish for fall weather. Here in Arkansas, we aren't quite there yet. LOVE the cardigan!

Amy @ http://www.thegiftedgabber.com/

Melaina25 said...

Poor Melaina but how lovely to see Vicki over here! No post to link up just yet, maybe in a day or two... but wanted to comment and say I love the hat! So wish I could wear hats but they make my curls go flat and bad hair day :-( Looking gorgeous as ever Vicki xx

Melaina25 said...

This Mummy has great style indeed. I love the Cardigan, Leather Jacket & Hat she is wearing. So chic in Black. And when you have a second, Melaina, check out what I linked up today.


BTW, It would be my Pleasure to Guest Post for me, if you will have me. Sometime in the future. Let me know. ada.furxhi@gmail.com. Thanks.

Melaina25 said...

Hope you are feeling better. What a couple of weeks you have had

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments, lovely to have been featured! x