Tuesday 11 February 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Tiger Sleeves

I've gotten into a pattern of wearing the same thing, or a variation of the same thing, most weeks. It's cold, I'm lazy and leggings and a t-shirt dress with a scarf suits my needs.  I've got a pile of things from HM that I've never worn. I've bought them on sale with the best intentions and then they languish away never to see the light of What I Wore Wednesday. So today I dove into that exiled pile of loneliness head first and ended up with an outfit far from my norm.


Tiger Sweatshirt

Tiger Sweatshirt-HM
Jeggings-New Look
Slouchy Sweater Boots-Pineapple
Black Glasses-Vivienne Westwood

When I bought this sweatshirt it was totally because I'm a Cincinnati girl and huge Bengals fan and thought I could wear it to watch games. I sent pictures to some of my friends and cousins in Cincinnati who all were totally opposed to it but I kinda love it. Photo animal prints are super on trend right now in the UK but maybe just not so much in the US?  

There is a photo of a tiger on each arm and it is super comfy. I think it's supposed to be 3/4 sleeves but on me it's just about full length. You can't tell but it is longer in the back so cover my butt which makes the jeggings slightly more acceptable.

Since I'm a shorty and curvy skinny jeans don't always really work on me but jeggings do. These ones have pockets so they aren't totally disgusting (I hope) and work really well when mid-calf boots.  Like I said it is cold so I wear boots almost every day and these ones were a total bargain at TK Maxx.

Are you loving animal photo prints right now or loathing them?


Let's be friends! Find me here:

37 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Super cool print! I love it! :)

Melaina25 said...

I love this whole outfit you look blummin' gorgeous! It probably won't surprise you to hear that I am loving all of the animal prints around at the minute :-)

Melaina25 said...

I'm not a lover of animal prints usually but you really pull it off! Great look :-)

Melaina25 said...

I love your outfit but not sure I would be able to carry off the animal print - maybe I should just be brave and give it a go !

Melaina25 said...

Lovely outfit! The boots look incredibly comfy, I love wearing casual items like that :)

Melaina25 said...

Love that jumper! I am a huge fan of animal prints, basically love them all - snake, leopard. zebra...

Melaina25 said...

Well, It is just too cha cha for words! love the sweater!

Melaina25 said...

Normally I love your outfits, but this top I'm not. I'm not an animal print person so that's more of a personal thing on my part. xx

Melaina25 said...

I love it! Would wear that sweatshirt myself in much the same style! :)

Melaina25 said...

I think the sweatshirt is totally badass.

Melaina25 said...

im not normally a fan but you have converted me as this sweater looks awesome on you! i love how it adds an edgy feel to a casual outfit. lovely!!xx

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Tara!

Melaina25 said...

I've been really hesitant to embrace the animal print but glad I did!

Melaina25 said...

I'm not really either but I think since it was just two tigers AND could be used as Bengals wear it won me over.

Melaina25 said...

Cha Cha---lol I love it!

Melaina25 said...

See I like animal print but wasn't convinced about actual animals iykwim...

Melaina25 said...

They are really comfy except walking long distances---need to get some insoles :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Livi!

Melaina25 said...

I think because it is only two tigers I'm okay---not sure I could pull off an all over print!

Melaina25 said...

I'm not really either but I think since it was just two tigers AND could be used as Bengals wear it won me over.

Melaina25 said...

You? Never? ;)

Melaina25 said...

Animal prints are big here too! Love it.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Rach! I'm not really either but I think since it was just two tigers AND could be used as Bengals wear it won me over.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks! Literally everyone in Cincinnati I snapchatted it to sent me back a big thumbs down lol

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for hosting the link up :). The tiger sleeves are so rad!!

Melaina25 said...

Wow someone's looking so fierce and FAB!!!!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

totally loving animal prints right now!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for hosting! I found you at Style Elixir!
xo, Blaire


Peaches In A Pod

Melaina25 said...

Great sleeve detail.
Jessica

Melaina25 said...

I don't know about your cousins in Ohio, but I am LOVING those tiger shoulders here in NJ!! :)
xo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny

Melaina25 said...

Love the sweatshirt! It's so fun and you look great:)

Melaina25 said...

Those shoulders are awesome! NO opposition here :)

Tiffany Ima
Style Honestly

Melaina25 said...

Cute outfit! Isn't it great when you (re)discover something :)

Melaina25 said...

I can totally relate to your feelings of laziness when it is cold outside. I just get tired of trying to put together creative, stylish outfits that are also warm enough! I can't relate to your pile of un-used clothes though--I am the sort of gal who wears that shiny new stuff right away, mostly because it's clean and I am out of clean stuff to wear ;) Love your tiger sleeves!


Sarah
tracetheshadows.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

I am right there with ya! I feel like leggings and a top with a scarf is a daily occurrence for me lately. I need to break that routine as well! You look amazing as always :)
tonieveryday.com

Melaina25 said...

Love the animal print detail on the sweatshirt!
Takeiinspirations.com

Melaina25 said...

I love your tiger-sleeve sweatshirt and almost bought an identical one but then I purchased one with a tiger head in the front, instead. You look funky cute!!


Check out how I layered my new White Faux Fur Vest. Thanks. Happy Valentine's Weekend Melaina!!